origami galaxy for kids kit
These easy origami projects will transform young folders into intergalactic travelers as they pilot their starship through the Solar System and beyond!
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11's lunar landing in a hands-on way with this kit. Kids can learn about the moon and what it takes to get there, as each model comes with information on astronomy and cosmology. Blend an interest in our Universe with the fun of origami paper folding!
The breathtaking night sky fascinates children everywhere, inspiring an appreciation of science and astronomy, as well as science fiction stories, comics, cartoons and films. Many kids even dream of becoming an astronomer or astronaut when they grow up, which makes this unique kit a perfect gift.
The included large wall poster is packed with colorful graphics that relate interesting information about the Solar System, the Milky Way galaxy, and the Universe—the perfect way for kids to decorate their room or classroom while they deepen their knowledge of the cosmos.
This origami kit includes everything you need:
- A full-color instruction book containing easy, step-by-step instructions for 12 models
- 48 sheets of folding paper
- A 21" x 24" fun and educational wall poster
- Online video tutorials
Kids will have a blast folding the unique models, including:
- A Rocket—with its classic red fin styling, the model is ready to soar into the unknown on a voyage of discovery.
- A Dwarf Star—one of 4 types of star models in the kit, this one has 4 points and can be folded up in just 10 steps!
- A Flying Saucer—a ring-like enigma from another galaxy. Do they come in peace?
- Planet One—a crater-pocked rocky planet, ripe for imaginary exploration
- A Space Hero Picture Frame—intrepid explorers are eligible for induction into the "Hall of Heroes" gallery by way of this cleverly folded frame